I suggest you ...

Support for Universal Windows Applications (Windows 10)

Scenario: use PostSharp in an Windows Universal Application

56 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Admingfraiteur (Admin, PostSharp Technologies) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anthony L'Huede commented  · 

Please look into adding this, UWP is annoying enough let alone being restricted from using the best controls and libraries like PostSharp.
        If entities like PostSharp don't distribute to UWP it will never be picked up on a large scale by developers who enjoy being efficient and rapid development. WPF and Silverlight are gone to the wind.
        I am starting to retool all my development knowledge towards javascript because of this, making all your .NET products on the market worthless if a large number of people take the same adoption route as myself.

• Eric Liprandi commented  · 

FWIW, we have moved on from the Windows Platform and no longer have any stakes in this request...

Correct. But does that mean that PostSharp will not work at 4.4 with applications deployed to the Windows Store?

what does it mean "we removed the .NET Native for the feature". Aren't all store apps .NET Native now?

• Dirk Pass commented  · 

How can an "Internet of things device" be supported by aspects? If the answer was "In multiple ways" I couldn't see any special requirement for IoT.

• Alistair “Cerebrate” Young commented  · 

This is the major hold-up in my current development project. Working without my library of custom PostSharp aspects is _painful_ !

Feedback and Knowledge Base